Search News Archives
Special Offers and Promotions
Conferences | Events
Raising Antibody Validation Standards with Knockout Technology
Antibodies are tremendously useful and versatile tools and they have found use in many areas of life science research.
However, antibodies can be difficult to make and are used in inherently complex biological systems. Consequently, they can be prone to quality issues: batch-to-batch variability, lack of specificity, or poor sensitivity. The impact of this can be substantial, both financially and scientifically as identified in recent studies.
Learn how at Abcam, we are raising industry quality standards by using newer and improved technology to manufacture and validate our products. Addressing both specificity and reproducibility issues, we have recently introduced knockout (KO) validation at scale. Utilizing human *KO cell lines generated from haploid cellular models using CRISPR/Cas9, the technology has enabled the development of a growing range of KO validated antibodies, including many recombinant monoclonals.
This webinar will review:
- How antibody manufacture affects quality
- Antibody validation methods
- Abcam’s knockout validation initiative
- Best practices to ensure reproducible results
- Understand why antibody quality is affecting life science research
- Be aware of the criteria to assess when selecting an antibody for your research
- Understand how Abcam is using CRISPR/Cas9 modified cells to validate the specificity our antibodies
*Abcam validates antibodies using KO cell lines from Horizon Discovery