Search News Archives
Special Offers and Promotions
Conferences | Events
Bio-Rad Introduces StarBright UltraViolet 400 Dye for Flow Cytometry
StarBright UltraViolet 400 Dye Offers Maximal Brightness and Narrow Excitation and Emission Profiles for Precise Resolution
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., a global leader of life science research and clinical diagnostic products, has announced the launch of StarBrightTM UltraViolet 400 Dye, the first in its range of unique fluorescent nanoparticles designed for use with a UV laser in flow cytometry applications.
StarBright UltraViolet 400 Dye offers exceptional brightness with narrow excitation and emission profiles, making it suitable for use in multicolor flow cytometry panels. Bio-Rad’s range of StarBright Dyes are conjugated to highly validated flow antibodies and are compatible with most flow cytometers and experimental protocols.
“The new StarBright UltraViolet 400 Dye offers a high-performance alternative to existing dyes excitable by the 355 nanometer UV laser, without the need for special buffers,” said Mike Blundell, PhD, Product Manager, Flow Cytometry, Life Science Group, Bio-Rad. “The unique properties provide researchers with greater choice and flexibility when designing flow cytometry experiments.”
Key Benefits of StarBright Dyes
- Compatible with new and existing protocols and suitable for use in multiplex panels
- Resistant to photobleaching and highly stable with minimal lot-to-lot variation
- Reliable Förster resonance energy transfer (FRET) for reproducible data
- Work with common staining buffers, including special polymer dye staining buffers, for easy integration into multicolor panels
- Ensure no loss of signal in fixation
- Offer narrow excitation and emission profiles for improved resolution in new and existing multicolor flow cytometry experiments.
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: BIO and BIOb) is a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of innovative products for the life science research and clinical diagnostic markets. With a focus on quality and customer service for over 65 years, our products advance the discovery process and improve healthcare. Our customers are university and research institutions, hospitals, public health and commercial laboratories, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, as well as applied laboratories that include food safety and environmental quality. Founded in 1952, Bio-Rad is based in Hercules, California, and has a global network of operations with more than 7,800 employees worldwide. Bio-Rad had revenues exceeding $2.5 billion in 2020.