Search News Archives
Special Offers and Promotions
Conferences | Events
Technique for Multi-Color Bacterial Counting
The ColonyDoc-It Imaging Station captures brilliant color colony images; the software then differentiates between multiple colors when counting the colonies. The ColonyDoc-It can differentiate between b-glucuronidase positive (blue) bacteria and negative (yellow) bacteria. The results generated shows detailed counts of each color and percentage of the population determined to be positive in b -glucuronidase. Janelle Batman, UVP Product Manager states, "The ColonyDoc-It's high resolution color camera and advanced software algorithms provide researchers with the means to finely differentiate among the myriad colors expressed by colonies."
The ColonyDoc-It Station's innovative design enables users to automatically count colonies quickly and accurately. The station features:
- Integrated high resolution digital color camera for brilliant color colony images
- Several light sources for illuminating a wide range of stained media
- Use of pour, spread and spiral plates and filters with sizes from 33 to 150mm
- Capture colony sizes as small as 0.08mm
- Count colonies automatically and generate detailed statistics
- Doors create a darkroom environment
- GFP fluorescence with epi blue light and optional GFP filter
- Time lapse image capture and counting
In addition to counting multicolor bacteria colonies, the ColonyDoc-It Station can be used in applications such as microbiology, quality control, environmental and pharmaceutical.
Go to www.uvp.com/colony.html for more information