Search News Archives
Conferences | Events
PCRmax: AC-4 and the Alpha Track App
Speed. Confidence. Sensitivity. Value. Performance.
The Alpha Cycler 4 (AC-4) a truly independently controllable multi-block thermal cycler.
PCRmax have developed and designed the new AC-4 to address shortfalls in some other systems. The AC-4 is not only built with the high-throughput market in mind but also for more standard throughput and multiple user environments who are space conscious and have requirements for multiple users and block formats.
The Alpha Cycler 4 from PCRmax has already found favor in high throughput facilities which demand precise and accurate temperature control time after time. This combined with the systems advanced reporting functionality, via the use of the free Alpha Track mobile app, allows PCRmax, or a local PCRmax trained service team, to monitor the health of each and every system supplied allowing us to monitor and detect any performance drift which could be indicative of a future system failure or poor performance before it effects end users results.
The Alpha Cycler systems also contain a novel program wizard which allows users to define a protocol based specifically off the primer sequence and template source. Primer sequences are input, amplicon length and source defined and the on-board algorithm generates an optimized protocol for your assay.
The system can be specified in any combination of 96 and 384 well formats across its four independent bays. Alpha Cycler has features such as recently used programs; allowing users to quickly access their previously used protocols without the need to navigate through folders to find it, individual user logins; with protected protocols as-well-as allowing users’ access to temperature logs after each run
- Scalable - Chose from any combination of 96 or 384 well blocks
- Quiet – The Alpha Cycler has been developed to make as little noise as possible and reduce disruption for lab users.
- Compact - Save precious lab space by condensing four truly independent blocks into one chassis with no networking issues or connectivity concerns
- Active Sample Cooling - For sharper amplification and minimal non-specific amplification
- Program Wizard - Generate a protocol specific to your sequence, template source and amplicon length in seconds
- Reporting via handheld device - Monitor the health and accuracy of the system to ensure your data quality never suffers Gradient - Allowing for simplified temperature optimisation, no matter the block chosen
- 96/384 well formats - Flexibility for any scale and user needs USB connectivity - To retrieve system information and easily transfer protocols between systems
- Android driven 10” tablet interface - Quad core speed and excellent connectivity and feel
The Alpha Cycler range also includes a single block system, the AC-1, with all of the same features and block options as the AC-4. Protocols which are written on any of the Alpha cycler range are transferable between any other configurations of system.