Search News Archives
Special Offers and Promotions
Brochures & Literature
Conferences | Events
Thermo Fisher Scientific Showcases Latest Solutions at HPLC 2018
New Chromatography Column and Autosampler Vials, Research and Workshops
Supporting the innovation and application of high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) across novel and routine scientific applications, Thermo Fisher Scientific is showcasing its latest chromatography solutions, consumables and techniques at HPLC 2018 – The 47th International Symposium on High Performance Liquid Phase Separations and Related Techniques.
"Our customers are continually facing new analytical challenges as they apply HPLC to unlock a deeper understanding of their samples," said Fabrizio Moltoni, vice president and general manager, HPLC, chromatography and mass spectrometry, Thermo Fisher.
"Throughout HPLC 2018, we will be demonstrating our continued commitment to help our customers overcome these challenges and gain this deeper knowledge through our showcased solutions, presentations, posters and workshops."
The introduction of the Thermo Scientific ProPac Elite WCX column at HPLC 2018 coincides with the 20-year anniversary launch of the ProPac family of columns, demonstrating reproducibility and durability, while providing increased resolution over previous generation columns for the consistent separation of therapeutic proteins, including monoclonal antibodies, antibody drug conjugates, biosimilars and their charge variants. The smaller particle design and optimized manufacturing process of the ProPac Elite WCX column offers lot-to-lot consistency in this next generation of the ProPac WCX-10 column.
Pharmaceutical scientists can now have confidence in the results gained from the ultra-trace analysis of critical polar nitrogen-containing compounds due to the ultra-low absorption surface of the Thermo Scientific Chromacol GOLD-Grade Inert Glass Vial. Constructed of first hydrolytic class special 33 expansion glass, the Chromacol GOLD-Grade Inert Glass vials meet all current USPs and Pharmacopeias, providing sample security and integrity to autosampler applications across pharma/biopharma.
During the symposium, Christopher Pohl, vice president, chromatography chemistry, chromatography & mass spectrometry, Thermo Fisher, will be recognized for his continued and significant contribution to the field of separation science as a recipient of the 2018 Uwe D. Neue Award and will be presenting the keynote lecture, "High pH Anion Exchange Separation of Carbohydrates: Past, Present and Future,"
Thermo Fisher will present scientific presentations, posters and technical workshops with industry and company experts to highlight the latest developments in chromatography and mass spectrometry. These include:
- (L-132) Complementary Parallel LC as a Convenient Alternative to Multi Heart-Cut LC for Samples of Medium Complexity. Presented by Maria Gruebner, Mauro De Pra and Frank Steiner, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- (P-M-0301) Charge Variant Analysis of Therapeutic Proteins using a Novel Weak Cation Exchange Stationary Phase. Presented by Shanhua Lin, Shane Bechler, Julia Baek, Yin Hu, Yoginder Singh and Xiaodong Liu, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- (P-M-0606) Analysis of Carbohydrates in Beer using Liquid Chromatography Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry. Presented by Michael Volny, Stephanie Samra and Stacy Tremintin, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- (P-T-1411) Use of a Novel UHPLC System for the Simultaneous UHPLC Analysis of Water-soluble and Fat-soluble Vitamins. Presented by Sylvia Grosse, Matthias Krajewski, Mauro De Pra, Markus M. Martin, Jenny-Marie T. Wong and Frank Steiner, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Effectively Supporting Synthetic Chemistry for Pharmaceutical and Academic Research. Presented by Jenny-Marie T. Wong, HPLC Product Marketing Specialist, Thermo Fisher Scientific. Sponsored by Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Simple Approaches to Charge Variant Analysis. Presented by Jonathan Bones, Principal Investigator, NIBRT Characterization and Comparability Laboratory, NIBRT. Sponsored by Thermo Fisher Scientific.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.