Search News Archives
Special Offers and Promotions
Brochures & Literature
Conferences | Events
GSK to Present New Evolutions in Targeted RNA Drug Delivery Systems
SMi Group are thrilled to have Jeffrey Ulmer, Head of Preclinical Research & Development from GSK, present a keynote at RNA Therapeutics 2017 when it returns to Central London next February.
With a focus on mRNA vaccines, the talk will delve further into key topics surrounding immune responses, animal models, platform technology and rapid response to emerging infectious diseases.
In the run-up to his address, Dr Ulmer said:
“RNA therapeutics, including recent exciting advancements in RNA-based vaccines, have the potential to be game-changing technologies. This conference will bring together thought leaders from across the technology area..."
Now in its 8th year, the RNA event will aim to deliver a scientific toolkit of ideas to implement targeted delivery and mRNA. Attendees will not only learn about new academic research, but will also hear a selection of case studies from big pharma and biopharmaceutical companies currently making medical progress through RNA therapeutics.
Other notable speakers on the agenda include:
- Nagy Habib, Head of Surgery, Co-Founder, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, MiNA Therapeutics
- Heinrich Haas, Vice President RNA Formulation & Drug Delivery, BioNTech RNA Pharmaceuticals
- Bo Rode Hansen, Global Head of RNA Therapeutics, Roche
- John Johnston, Clinical Assessor Biologicals & Biotechnology Unit, MHRA
- Nicole Meisner-Kober, Senior Investigator, RNA Biology, Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research
- Steve Hood, Director, Bioimaging, GSK
- David Giljohann, CEO, Exicure
- Shai Erlich, Chief Medical Officer & President USA, Quark Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Amotz Shemi, CEO, Silenseed
- Sanyogitta Puri, Associate Principal Scientist, AstraZeneca
SMi’s 8th annual RNA Therapeutics conference will take place on 22nd & 23rd February 2017 at the Copthorne Tara Hotel in Kensington, London, UK.
Further information including a detailed agenda and full speaker line-up is available at www.therapeutics-rna.com
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world's most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network.